• 2.6 lbs. rack of wild boar
• 4 oz of vegetable oil
• 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/4 of an onion, chopped
• 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
• 2 sprigs fresh thyme
• 2 cups red wine
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. While it preheats, sear the boar. Cover both sides of the meat with an appropriate amount of salt and pepper. In a pan or pot, heat 2 ounces of vegetable oil until warm. Place the meatiest side of the ribs in the oil and cook for three minutes. Flip the ribs and cook for two more. Transfer the rack of ribs into the oven.
3. While that cooks, make the red wine glaze. Put the remaining 2 oz of oil in the pan along with the garlic. Heat the oil until the garlic is sizzling. Add the onions. Cook until soft.
4. Add the red wine vinegar and stir it around with the onions. When that has dissolved, carefully pour 2 cups of red wine in the pan. It will sputter, so be careful. Now add the herbs and salt and pepper.
5. Let the wine glaze simmer on low heat until the liquid has reduced to less than half. Taste the glaze. You want a good blend of flavors here–if it tastes too much like wine, add more salt and pepper. (Conversely if you added too much salt, you can always add more wine and let it reduce again.)
6. When the temperature on the boar reached about 140, brush the meat with the glaze. Repeat at 150 degrees and 160 degrees. When it reaches 170 degrees, the rack of wild boar is done.
Compliments of Savvyhousekeeping.com
Serving The World Gourmet Meats
Established in 1972 with over a third of a century of experience, we at Frontier Meats pride ourselves in providing the highest quality beef, wild boar, and bison. Recognizing today’s health conscious consumer and the desire for heart healthy proteins, we have responded to those demands by producing superior quality cattle, bison and wild boar.
Our philosophy is simple. As Texas meat connoisseurs, we demand the highest quality meat. We specialize in providing quality aged Texas beef to fine restaurants all over the world. We also use technically advanced sealing methods to vacuum pack only the freshest meat delivered directly to you.
Federal inspectors remain at our plants to inspect our animals, process and products around the clock. We have built close relationships with our Texas growers and ranchers in order to ensure a quality food chain that you can trust.
We are proud of our Fort Worth heritage. We live right in the middle of the world famous Fort Worth Stockyards and Rodeo which boasts to be in the heart of “where the west begins”. We strive to live up to the cowboy traditions of producing high quality products, satisfying the highest standards locally and internationally. We also meet the all of the rigorous qualifications required by the European Union for export approval.
Our goal is to provide the world with gourmet meats backed by a guarantee of total customer satisfaction. Let us be your first choice when buying meat.